JNRPE is an effort to develop and maintain a Java implementation of the Nagios NRPE software that will allow to easily develop and execute plugins written with the JAVA language. To give you as much options as possible, it gives you the ability to launch native plugins too. This way you can mix your new plugins (developed using JAVA) with the legacy Nagios plugins.
The JNRPE project is composed of the following sub-projects:
- JNRPE Server: a server that is able, similarly to NRPE, to execute Nagios plugin. In addition to NRPE, JNRPE is able to execute JAVA plugin without instantiating a new JVM for every execution. It is able to execute both JAVA and native plugins. You can, for example, run with JNRPE all the plugins already bundled with Nagios.
- JNRPE Library: is the core of JNRPE and implements all the logic of instantiating and executing plugins in response of check_nrpe queries. It can be embedded inside your own application to allow you to easily answer to check_nrpe queries.
- jcheck_nrpe: it is a java implementation of the check_nrpe utils. It can be used to invoke both JNRPE and NRPE. You can embed it inside your application to call NRPE or JNRPE.
- JNRPE plugins: it is a package containing some JAVA plugin you can get out of the box with JNRPE. These plugins are full java, so you don't have to bother issues about operating systems, hardware architecture, recompiling from sources, etc.
- JNRPE install: it is a graphical user interface that allows you to easily install JNRPE on both windows and linux/unix.
How to get support
Support for JNRPE is offered mainly through the forum and the mailing lists.
If the problem has not been reported before, the recommended way to get help is to subscribe to the JNRPE forum
How can I help?
If you would like to support the continued development of JNRPE, you can make a donation like 5-10 Euros/US$ or whatever you feel that JNRPE is worth to you. Please note that this is not payment for JNRPE, but an optional donation to the project -- JNRPE is always free to use.
Click here to make a donation.